- Over twenty five years’ experience teaching & coaching all abilities including 5 years as Head Coach of UWICs Junior Swimming Academy.
- 8 years as Performance Director for the Student Swim team at Cardiff Met Uni.
- 8 years lecturing sports coaching (Swimming) Teaching students how to analyse, teach & coach the four competitive swimming strokes
- Ex National Performance Squad Swimmer at City of Cardiff Swimming Club under Olympic coaches Dave Haller & John Stout
- Vast Experience in Open Water Swimming events & swim trek distance swims
- Finished in the top 20 at the Tenby LCW Swim 5 times 2011-2016 (PB 48:18)
- Completed Longcourse weekend Tenby 2016, 2018 & 2019.
- Completed Ironman Wales 2018 & 2019
- Training for IMW 2021.
Qualifications / Awards / Achievements
- ASA Teacher & Coach
- MSc Physical Activity & Health
- Teaching Fellow – Higher Education Academy
- RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- RLSS Trainer / Assessor
- First Aid at work Qualification
- First Aid at work Trainer / Assessor
- Swimming Pool Plant room Operators Certificate
- Award for Most Improved Team 2014 @ Cardiff Met
- Coach of the year 2016 @ Cardiff Met
- Award for Services to Cardiff Met Student Sport 2019
- Royal life saving society uk award service medal for 16+ Years of service 2017
- Taught Gareth ‘Alfie’ Thomas to swim in 7 months and helped him complete LCW 2019 & Ironman Wales 2019 in a swim time of 1:24.00 (Watch BBC Documentary HIV & Me)
- Completed a 21 mile channel swim in my endless pool for NHS Charities during Covid 19 lockdown raising £5300
- Royal life saving society uk award Service Cross for 20+ Years of service 2020.